30 August 2014

Widgets

Widgets

Pricey Small Scoop | Gino's Gelato

Had my virgin...hike at Twin Peaks with Mr. K on Saturday and after 2.5 hours of intensive Step Master, I decided to reward myself with a sweet treat at Gino's. They have gelato and yogurt which comes in quite a wide range of flavors.


I always like my ice-cream in waffle cones, and I chose the passion fruit flavored yogurt thinking I wanted something more fruity under a 30 degrees sunny afternoon.  Mr. K was very stuffed from the heavy lunch though so we shared the cone.



I believe it was something like $45 for the one small scoop of ice-cream which I thought didn't even taste like passion fruit although Mr. K kept insisting something was wrong with my tastebuds. The waffle was average - at least it wasn't soggy.
Passion fruit yogurt in cone
Passion fruit yogurt in cone


The shop wasn't very big but could still fit two small tables and bench seats so we ate the cone there thinking that the cream could last longer under the air con than in the heat outside but very soon I found out that the air con might've been broken since it was getting warmer and warmer as we sat down nibbling on the scoop.  Don't think the cone was worth the price but I guess anything works after a 2.5 hour intensive workout.  Things in Stanley do tend to be overpriced anyway.


*Photo courtesy of Mr. K






Gino's Gelato, Shop 5, G/F, Stanley Plaza, Stanley, +852 2899 0314
District:  Island South
Overall Rating:  3 / 5
Cost:  $45 ph


*REPOSTED on OpenRice



No comments:

Post a Comment