16 August 2014

Widgets

Widgets

A Little Getaway from the Buzzing City | Spices Restaurant (香辣軒)

Saturday night Mr. K brought me to this SE Asian restaurant for dinner. Although I really enjoy alfresco dining, the fact that we're still having 30 degrees Celcius on an autumn evening made me opt for the indoor option. The restaurant was set inside a colonial building, and the use of wood and bamboo with a high ceiling created a southeast Asian-influenced interior decor. It wasn't a busy night, and having the corner all for ourselves meant it wasn't a sin to take my G11 out for foodp0rn photoshooting.

No SE Asian meals would go without fruits so we started our dinner with the passion fruit (or mango?) cocktail along with the crab meat pomelo salad. I'm not a picky eater (although I did try my bestest effort in picking out the finely sliced-up raw shallots from the dish), but I agreed with Mr. K that the salad could go a bit more generous on the fish sauce as it wasn't salty enough - appreciated that the crab meat was fresh though!

Naan bread was ok. At least it wasn't oily and did well in sucking up the curry flavor from the curry dish we had. Was it curry beef? Oops I really can't remember...but I do remember hoping that they could've added bit more spices / coconut milk into the curry sauce.

E-props for the tandoori chicken though!! Like I say, life is full of surprises, and the chicken did its job with its moist, tender texture and tint of char-grilled flavor. I couldn't resist from having a tiny spoonful of rice to go along with it.
We dishearteningly passed on the dessert since neither of us could fit any more nip of food into the tummy. Overall, it was a quiet and well-spent evening away from the city. The location does offer the option to end a night with a stroll at the nearby Repulse Bay Beach.

*Photos courtesy of Mr. K


Venue:  Spices Restaurant
District:  Island South
Cost:  $300 ph - Dinner
Overall Rating:  4 / 5
Address:  G/F, The Arcade, 109 Repulse Bay Road, Repulse Bay

*REPOSTED on OpenRice

No comments:

Post a Comment