20 August 2014

Widgets

Widgets

Satisfying Weekday Lunch | Izumi Curry

I'm excited to have another Japanese curry shop added to my list of weekday lunch options. Getting up the building during lunch hour was always a hassle though, and I waited for 5 min under the rain for the lift. We arrived the restaurant at around 1220pm and still managed to get a table, not sure if that's an indication or what though.

They've got a lunch menu and almost everything they serve was a curry dish. There's 5% discount if you pay and leave by 1245pm which obviously, could not be the case for us. All the sets came with a salad and a drink, and I thought the price was pretty reasonable.


The salad was fresh with Japanese sesame dressing.


The presentation of the food was very Japanesey - neat, tidy and clean - upon serving you can be sure that there'd be no curry dripping on the sides of the plates or chunks of rice floating about in various directions on the sauce. The hamburg steak omlette curry rice I ordered came with a scrambled egg. The chef must've used a lot of butter into making it though cuz it was indeed really tasty (how evil!). The hamburg steak was cooked just right to medium well so I could still taste that juicy and tender texture. Along with the curry sauce and rice I was no doubt going to skip dinner that day.


My gfs ordered beef omlette curry rice and tonkatsu sweet curry rice. I thought the original curry tasted better though. The sweet curry was a little...hard to explain. Try for yourself if you feel like being adventurous. I didn't try the tonkatsu but it looked really good, and I'm sure it tasted good as well since my friend finished the entire plate. It was the last thing to arrive though, and my friend waited for about 20 min for it.


Pretty good food at that price at that location. Will definitely come back...but gotta make sure I skip brekkie and dinner in that same day.


Venue:  Izumi Curry
District:  Central
Overall Rating:  4 / 5
Cost:  $80 ph - Lunch
Address:  7/F, The Loop, 33 Wellington Street, Central

*REPOSTED on OpenRice

No comments:

Post a Comment