20 August 2014

Widgets

Widgets

Having Street Food In Style | Mr. Bing (老金煎餅)

Before heading to class my friend and I decided to grab something light so we went to Mr Bing. When we got there my friend was shocked and immediately said this was basically what I was eating off a hawker at some random street in Shenzhen some months back (yes, I basically eat ANYTHING, my friend of course was just watching me eat then) except this was served with pretty packaging and under a rooftop and all. So, we ordered the two signature bing's and a marinated cucumber side to share. The Mandarin speaking lady who was cooking our bing asked wo-men-yao-bu-yao-la but we said bu-yao since my friend was not a big fan of spicy food. Both the peking duck bing and the sesame chicken bing were served fresh and moist and piping hot. Both were good but I prefer the peking duck bing more because the sweetness in the hoi sin sauce really brought out the flavor of the meat. I'm not a big fan of carbs, and I like how the bing wasn't made too thick to overstuff my little tummy.mad


The sesame oil and vinegar formed the main flavoring in the crunchy marinated cucumber.


And lastly, a fridge to help yourself to the pop and pre-packed cold drinks.


Venue:  Mr. Bing
District:  Central
Must-try:  Peking duck bing
Overall Rating:  3.5 / 5
Cost:  $55 ph - Lunch
Address:  LG & G/F, 83 Wellington Street, Central
Link:  http://mr-bing.com/

*REPOSTED on OpenRice

No comments:

Post a Comment